Become a Student Ambassador
CalTeach/MAST Student Ambassadors are a select group of students representing the CalTeach/MAST program in a variety of functions including community events, promotion and recruitment events, conferences and Picnic Day.
Our CalTeach/MAST students come from diverse backgrounds and demonstrate excellent communication skills and leadership potential. The Student Ambassadors serve an important role by providing resources and information about the CalTeach/MAST Program at UC Davis.
- Currently or previously enrolled in EDU/GEL 081, EDU/GEL 181, EDU/GEL 183 or GEL186.
- Have excellent communication and leadership skills, enjoy meeting and talking to new people, and pride in being a part of the CalTeach/MAST program at UC Davis.
Duties (in-person or virtual):
- Assist CalTeach/MAST staff with campus events: Freshman Decision Day, Transfer Decision Day, tabling events, panels, and other campus recruitment efforts.
- Assist CalTeach/MAST staff with off-campus events at nearby Community Colleges.
- Present two-minute informational talks in STEM classes regarding the CalTeach/MAST program.
- Disseminate information regarding the CalTeach/MAST program to UC Davis student body
- Occasional special assignments: helping assemble flier and pamphlets, Picnic Day and program information.
- Prospective Student Ambassadors must complete a short application form to be considered.
- The Student Ambassador Program will require an academic year (not single quarter) commitment. Once you are selected to be a Student Ambassador, you will serve in that role through the three-quarter academic year (not in summer).
- Student Ambassadors are required to attend an information/training session and a weekly Student Ambassador meeting.
- Student Ambassadors must complete a minimum of 10 hours of service in Fall Quarter, 10 hours in Winter Quarter, and 10 hours in Spring Quarter.
- Service opportunities will be announced via email (please provide an email address that you check frequently) and during the weekly Student Ambassador meetings.
- Student Ambassadors must be reliably present for scheduled time commitment at events, and display a positive and cooperative attitude at all events and presentations.
- Student Ambassadors must be available for occasional evening and/or weekend events.
Benefits to Student Ambassadors
- Students will receive a $100 stipend per quarter.
- Experience! This is a great resume and job application builder.
- Involvement! Be in the middle of exciting events happening at UC Davis.
- Networking! Meet a variety of interesting and helpful people ... current students, prospective students, staff, faculty, administration.
How do I get involved?
If you are interested in being considered as a Student Ambassador for the UC Davis CalTeach/MAST program, please contact MAST@ucdavis.edu with "CalTeach/MAST Student Ambassador" in the subject line.