· April 9, 2016 - FREE STEM Educators Mini Conference
From Forbes: "The 13 Most Important STEM Colleges For Women" - UC Davis ranks #1
The Mathematics and Science Teaching Program at UC Davis (MAST) is a contribution to the UC Science and Mathematics Initiative.
Our mission is to increase the number and quality of math and science teachers by:
- Enriching students’ experiences in math and science classrooms
- Offering academic opportunities to work in K-12 classrooms
- Giving effective academic advice
- Creating multiple pathways for K-12 teacher preparation
- Meeting the needs of under-represented students
- Reducing the attrition of math and science majors
- Increasing articulation and outreach to high school and community college students
A letter from Arnold Schwarzenegger, Governor of California and Mark G. Yudof, President, University of California.
Do you want to be a teacher?
"This was the best class I have taken out of all my college classes
and has reinforced my decision to become a teacher."
- MAST II Student
This National Science Foundation program provides scholarship funds for talented mathematics and science majors to become teachers in high need school districts. Scholarships are also available for professionals (who already have a bachelors degree) seeking to become mathematics or science teachers committed to teaching in a high need school.
photo top: UC Davis MAST student interns at Patwin Elementary School in Davis; photo center: Charlie Horn's MAST Seminar course in the Academic Surge building on campus.