Our Mission Statement
The UC Davis CalTeach/Mathematics and Science Teaching Program (MAST) is dedicated to addressing California's critical need for quality teachers by offering students an opportunity to explore mathematics and science teaching through engaging course work and active internships.
The UC Davis CalTeach/Mathematics and Science Teaching Program (CalTeach/MAST) provides students with opportunities to explore careers in mathematics and science education. Part of the statewide University of California Science and Mathematics Initiative designed to address the critical need for quality science and mathematics teachers, CalTeach/MAST offers seminars on effective teaching practices, active internships in K-12 and UC Davis classrooms, and academic advising. read more
California is projected to need upwards of 33,000 new mathematics and science teachers in the next ten years. read more
- From The New York Times: " Schools add "The Martian" to science lessons"
- UC Davis CalTeach/MAST Educators Conference - JOIN US! You are all invited to our annual Educators Conference, March 11 from 8-12:30. This year's theme is Social Justice: Mathematics and Science for All. Del Pabalan will be one of our speakers!
- From the Chronicle of Higher Education: "Why STEM Majors Need the Humanities"
- Professor Sandy Carlson is the recipient of the 2016 Encourage Award by the Association for Women Geoscientists. From AWG, "Your leadership initiative has helped to not only continue to foster the relationship between AWG and the Paleo Society, but to bring a whole new level of recognition to our awards for young women pursuing careers in paleontology. This is the definition of encouraging women in the geosciences!"
- From Forbes: "The 13 Most Important STEM Colleges For Women" - UC Davis ranks #1
For more news and events, see the CalTeach/MAST calendar