What is CalTeach/MAST?
The UC Davis CalTeach/Mathematics and Science Teaching Program (MAST) helps students explore mathematics and science teaching careers while working toward their undergraduate degree. Part of the statewide University of California Science and Mathematics Initiative, CalTeach/MAST is a program designed to address the critical need for quality science and mathematics teachers by introducing undergraduate students to the rewarding and valuable career of teaching.
Our goal is to increase the number, quality, and diversity of mathematics and science teachers by providing:
- academic opportunities to work in K-12 and college classrooms
- coursework that assists students in the exploration of mathematics/science teaching.
- personal academic and pre-professional advice
- a professional network
- exploration of multiple pathways towards teacher preparation
- opportunities for under-represented students
- advising support for academic success
- outreach to high school and community college students
- financial support for testing requirements